In a significant move towards advancing sustainable transportation and infrastructure development, the European Commission has announced the opening of a new call for projects under the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) Transport. This latest call, launched on 26 September, is set to bolster cross-border transport connectivity and support the European Union’s vision for a greener and more integrated transport system. The call is now inviting project proposals, with the submission period scheduled to close on 30 January 2024.
All the details about
the PERTE Agroalimentario
DETAILS AND CHARACTERISTICS OF THE PERTE AGROALIMENTARIO
The Council of Ministers has approved the Strategic Project for the Recovery and Economic Transformation (PERTE) of the agri-food sector, a set of measures that benefit companies and self-employed workers in the sector by generating synergies. The actions of this project will be based on the following strategic lines:
- Boosting the technological transformation of the entire sector.
- Deepening the supply of healthy, safe and wholesome food.
- Improving the dimension and social cohesion of the agri-food sector.
- Promoting the development of a circular economy and reducing the environmental impact of the agri-food system.
PRIORITY LINES OF ACTION
- Axis 1: Specific support package for the agri-food industry, with 400 million euros to improve crop production processes and ensure greater food traceability, which will directly affect consumers.
- Axis 2: Specific measures to support the process of digital adaptation and to extend it to all the agents that form part of the value chain (farmers and livestock farmers and their cooperatives, small and medium-sized production, processing and marketing companies), with a budget of 454.35 million euros. In addition, the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food will promote the Farming Information System (SIEX), which will “simplify” the relationship between farmers and livestock farmers and the administration.
- Axis 3: Specific measures to support new lines of research (R+D+i)
impact in the spanish economy
The agri-food sector contributes almost 10% to GDP and is made up, for the most part, of small and medium-sized companies. This PERTE will have an impact of 3,000 million euros on the national accounts, the creation of 16,000 jobs is expected and it will have a public investment of about 1,000 million euros until 2023. This aid package will reinforce triple sustainability (economic, social and environment) of the agri-food sector, increasing the safety and health of agri-food supplies and accelerating the decarbonization of the agricultural sector to minimize its climate impact.
In addition to these impacts, the PERTE will generate positive effects on the economy as a whole derived from the creation of new business models and opportunities, the new job opportunities generated by the actions linked to the PERTE, as well as the savings generated in the productive fabric, domestic economies and public budgets.
Consult the viability of your projects
LATEST BLOG NEWS
How will the return of UK in R&D programmes benefit the EU? Marie Latour x Settings THE RETURN OF THE UK TO HORIZON EUROPE Good
Environmentally beneficial projects promoting sustainability through an overview of European funding opportunities for research, development, and innovation (R&D&I). It underscores the significance of tackling environmental challenges and spotlights key programs like Horizon Europe, LIFE, the Innovation Fund, and EUROSTARS. International collaboration and capitalizing on funding prospects are crucial in this context.