PERTE for industrial
PERTE for industrial decarbonisation approved
The PERTE is approved with the aim of accompanying industry in its decarbonisation process to reduce its emissions and improve its energy efficiency with sustainable processes that improve its international competitiveness. The planned actions will be implemented between 2023 and 2026, although the projects could be completed at a later date.
This industrial decarbonisation PERTE contemplates the following objectives:
- Decarbonisation of production processes.
- mproving energy efficiency with better available technologies and implementation of energy management systems.
- Improving the competitiveness of the manufacturing sector by reducing emissions and supporting investments in decarbonisation.
- Promote Spain’s energy security by reducing natural gas consumption.
- Encourage the use of renewable energies, thereby reducing emissions while reducing dependence on fossil fuels.
- Promote the improvement of the environment by supporting the use of by-products and the recovery of waste to integrate them into other processes and thus reduce the environmental impact of products throughout their life cycle.
- Creation of high added-value employment.
Integrated action aid for decarbonisation, which includes aid for the decarbonisation of energy sources with the electrification of processes and the incorporation of hydrogen; integrated energy management of industrial processes; reduction in the use of natural resources and carbon capture, among other lines of action.
Grants to manufacturing companies participating in the IPCEI on the renewable hydrogen industrial chain.
Study and evaluation of the development of a fund to support carbon offset contracts and the implementation of a pilot project.
Support for the development of new highly efficient and decarbonised manufacturing facilities.
In addition to the above four transformative measures, there are facilitating measures, including regulatory measures, training, promotion of R&D&I, the Carbon Fund for a Sustainable Economy, promotion of financing through the ICO, Support Fund for Productive Industrial Investment, National Energy Efficiency Fund, Activa Industria, 4.0, etc.
The beneficiaries of this PERTE are the manufacturing industry sectors, including the manufacturing of non-metallic mineral products (including ceramics, cement, glass, among others), the chemical industry, oil refining, metallurgy and the manufacture of paper and pulp. In addition to these, there are large combustion plants in other sectors, particularly in the food and beverage industry.
Consult the viability of your projects