New 2023 European decarbonisation Call for projects and hydrogen auction opens David García ArrateSettings Introduction On 23 November the European Commission opened two new calls
International Day of Forests
International Day of Forests
As one of the objectives set for the year 2023 in our Environmental Management System ISO 14001, and on the occasion of the International Day of Forests, we present some quick keys to make a responsible use of paper consumption in our offices and raise awareness of the importance of forests on our planet.
The keys to success in making responsible use of paper:
- Think before you print: Avoid printing unnecessary documents, as well as those with lots of blank spaces, such as PowerPoint presentations.
- Before pressing the print button, check the document for possible errors and improvements. Try using the preview.
- Use both sides of the paper, both when photocopying and printing documents.
- Ensure that all internal documents are printed using paper printed on one side only. Give a second life to that piece of paper you no longer need.
- Print in greyscale (black and white) and avoid wasting ink.
- Recycle paper that you are no longer going to use, making use of the specific blue bins next to each printer.
- When printing, use the “Ecological preferences” option, allowing, among other options, double-sided printing or 2 sheets in 1 and indicating the number of sheets you are saving with this option.
- But perhaps the most important of all: Avoid using paper whenever possible, using digital media for reading and corporate notebooks for making notes, making paper saving a daily routine and reducing our paper consumption.
Our foils, state-of-the-art production and high quality fibres
As part of our commitment to continuous improvement in the Environmental Management System, we provide all our employees with paper that contributes to sustainability and environmental protection.
Paper from Portuguese eucalyptus plantations (Eucalyptus globulus) that provide up to 34% more pulp for the same amount of wood than other plant species due to the greater number of fibres per unit weight, which provides better porosity, opacity and paper formation.
They are also FSC® – International and PEFC certified, have the European Ecolabel (EcoLabel), respect the principles of the European Union’s “Business & Biodiversity” initiative and are members of the WBCSD (World Business Council for Sustainable Development) and founding member of the Portuguese section (BCSD Portugal) and of the association in Portugal.
The fundamental role of forests
A day to mark on the calendar that makes us reflect on the importance of forests and their fundamental role in combating climate change and contributing to the achievement of many of the goals set out in the Sustainable Development Goals , which we work on in our Sustainability Committee.
Despite the incredible ecological, economic and social benefits that forests provide globally, such as the paper we consume in our offices, most of them are threatened by forest fires, drought, pests and unprecedented deforestation. Let’s work together so that we continue to be surrounded by wonderful forests.
Consult the viability of your projects
LATEST BLOG NEWS
Europe seeks to continue leading in science and technology Elena PerezSettings EIC Europe’s commitment European Innovation Council (EIC) Tech Report 2023: An Overview On October