Environmentally beneficial projects promoting sustainability through an overview of European funding opportunities for research, development, and innovation (R&D&I). It underscores the significance of tackling environmental challenges and spotlights key programs like Horizon Europe, LIFE, the Innovation Fund, and EUROSTARS. International collaboration and capitalizing on funding prospects are crucial in this context.
Work Programme of the
European Innovation Council
NEW DEVELOPMENTS IN THE NEW 2022 WORK PROGRAMME
The European Innovation Council’s 2022 work programme opens up funding opportunities worth more than €1.7 billion in 2022 for innovative and cutting-edge entities to grow and create new markets.
New features of the new 2022 work programme include:
- Launch of a new EIC Scale-Up 100 initiative to identify 100 disruptive EU R&D companies with the potential to be “unicorns” (valuation of around €1 billion).
- Equity investments of over ¤15 million under the EIC Accelerator instrument.
- Increased support for women innovators.
- Improved processes for applicants and more frequent application deadlines.
- New EIC challenges targeting European policy priorities.
- All companies with excellent projects that cannot be funded by the EIC will get seals of excellence to obtain additional European funding through the Structural and Recovery Funds.
- For 2022, three application deadlines are opened for the EIC Transition and Accelerator programmes.
TYPES OF FUNDING INSTRUMENTS
- EIC Pathfinder (€350 million) for multidisciplinary research teams to carry out visionary research with the potential to lead to technological breakthroughs.
- EIC Transition (€131 million) to turn research results into innovation opportunities, focusing on results generated by EIC Pathfinder projects and European Research Council proof-of-concept projects, to mature technologies and build a business case for specific applications.
- EIC Accelerator (€1.16 billion) for start-ups and SMEs to develop and scale high-impact innovations with the potential to create new markets or disrupt existing ones.
LATEST BLOG NEWS
Euro-Funding takes leading role in the European Innovation Fund We have been awarded a 1 million euro project. Euro-Funding wins EUR 1 Million project to