Work Programme of the
European Innovation Council
NEW DEVELOPMENTS IN THE NEW 2022 WORK PROGRAMME
The European Innovation Council’s 2022 work programme opens up funding opportunities worth more than €1.7 billion in 2022 for innovative and cutting-edge entities to grow and create new markets.
New features of the new 2022 work programme include:
- Launch of a new EIC Scale-Up 100 initiative to identify 100 disruptive EU R&D companies with the potential to be “unicorns” (valuation of around €1 billion).
- Equity investments of over ¤15 million under the EIC Accelerator instrument.
- Increased support for women innovators.
- Improved processes for applicants and more frequent application deadlines.
- New EIC challenges targeting European policy priorities.
- All companies with excellent projects that cannot be funded by the EIC will get seals of excellence to obtain additional European funding through the Structural and Recovery Funds.
- For 2022, three application deadlines are opened for the EIC Transition and Accelerator programmes.
TYPES OF FUNDING INSTRUMENTS
- EIC Pathfinder (€350 million) for multidisciplinary research teams to carry out visionary research with the potential to lead to technological breakthroughs.
- EIC Transition (€131 million) to turn research results into innovation opportunities, focusing on results generated by EIC Pathfinder projects and European Research Council proof-of-concept projects, to mature technologies and build a business case for specific applications.
- EIC Accelerator (€1.16 billion) for start-ups and SMEs to develop and scale high-impact innovations with the potential to create new markets or disrupt existing ones.